Among the Langhe hills
Cessole, the lesser known Langhe
The Langhe is one of the most famous areas in Italy and abroad for the hilly scenery and the vineyards. It’s a must for rich bodied and appreciated wines – Barolo, Barbaresco, Nebbiolo, Barbera, Dolcetto are some examples – and the rich gastronomy, on which dominates the white truffle of Alba, in addition to fresh pasta dishes, such as agnolotti (filled pasta similar to ravioli) and tajarin, or high quality meats.
Since 2014, the Langhe are included in the UNESCO World Heritage List. Alba, La Morra, Barbaresco, Barolo are the names of some of the most famous villages.
We propose Cessole, not far from the most popular places but off the beaten track, authentic and peaceful. It is a few kilometers far from interesting cities like Alba or Canelli, Acqui Terme, with thermal water sources, and Roccaverano, home of the excellent goat cheese called robiola.
A unique experience to immerse yourself in the local culture, learning the Italian language and living in the welcoming atmosphere of the Langhe hills, Piedmont, north-west of Italy.
A fascinating program. Each day Italian lessons are enriched with guided tours, exclusive local products tastings, cooking class, walks in natural surroundings: so many opportunities to learn and practice the language and to get to know local culture and traditions, to meet new people, accompanied by your personal teacher .
This is a dedicated program, with one teacher for a maximum of 8 participants.
- 4th-11th June, 2023
- 17th-24th September, 2023
SAY “CIAO” TO YOUR COUNTRY AND FIND YOURSELF IN ITALY WITH ITALIAN STEPS!
The daily program:
- 9-11 am / 11.30 am: Italian language lesson, in the garden or in one of the beautiful halls in the farmhouse.
- 11 am – 5 pm: after each lesson we will go and practice the language, meet people, shop, taste local products, visit nearby villages etc… Program and places change every day.
- 5 pm – 6 pm: relax in the garden
- 6 pm – 7.30 pm: Italian language lesson. After spending the day exploring the surroundings, we will share what we have learned. Sipping a glass of wine or a cold beer if you like…!
- Dinner. After dinner some chatting, or a stroll, or just relax and look at the moon …
The Tenuta Antica Country Farmhouse
In Cessole there is a special farmhouse where we organize our stays to discover the Italian language and the nearby area: Tenuta Antica is a typical example of a rural building , from the end of the 18th century, finely restored preserving its original style, with Langa stone, exposed brick and wood.
It is a certified organic farm, surrounded by vineyards of Dolcetto, Barbera and Pinot Nero and hazelnut groves.
In the garden there is a wood-heated sauna, a jacuzzi and sensory paths where it is possible to practice yoga or have holistic treatments.
- 30 hours language course
- Didactic material
- Guided visits, tastings, experiences as per program
- A dedicated teacher throughout the week
- 7 nights, 7 breakfasts and 7 dinners. Typical dishes based on local organic products will be served.
- Local transport by private minivan
Rates do not include:
- Room supplement for single use: 30 euros per night
- Double room supplement: 20 euros per night
- Travel insurance
- Admission fees not mentioned above
- Personal expenses
- Transfer to/from Cessole. For transfers from Turin airport or Turin and Asti railway stations rates upon request.