At the foot of the Alps
La Locanda della Maison Verte
La Locanda della Maison Verte is an elegant, charming hotel in Cantalupa, 30 km from Turin, at the foot of the Alps.
An old renovated farmhouse, surrounded by woods: it’s the ideal place to combine learning Italian and visits to the beauties of the territory and the knowledge of local food and wine specialties.
We offer stays of a few days or a week, with the opportunity to learn the necessary language skills to enjoy our country and its inhabitants, shopping, and exchange ideas with the people you meet and return home with new increased knowledge.
We also organize intensive language courses, for those who want to use Italian for professional reasons or specific cultural interests.
At the Maison Verte we experience language lessons and the exploration of wonderful, easily accessible places.
Just to name a few:
– the Alpine valleys, with the Fenestrelle fortress (the largest in Europe)
– the painted village of Usseaux
– the medieval architecture of the Sacra di San Michele
– the lively town of Pinerolo (with the historic center and the lively Saturday morning market) the Langhe hills (with the renowned wine cellars)
– the Savoy residences (Stupinigi Palace, Racconigi Castle, Venaria Reale, Rivoli Castle which hosts the Museum of Contemporary Art)
– Turin, a city rich in numerous historical and cultural attractions, but also perfect for those who love classy shopping and, of course, Juventus!
For those interested in researching their Italian roots, there is also the Emigration Museum in Frossasco, a short distance from the Maison Verte.
Visits to selected wineries and local producers to taste wines and delicacies typical of the area and of the local tradition are also part of the program.
La Maison Verte has welcoming rooms, bright and quiet, and a cool garden where, in summer, language lessons are held.
The location is also perfect for enjoying moments of relaxation and rest, after your lessons and visits to the countryside. The swimming pool in the magnificent park, the Ancient Herbalist’s shop “Maison Verte”, the Wellness Center will make your stay a pleasant and comfortable one. Sports enthusiasts can take advantage of the gym, take a walk in the woods or ride a mountain bike available to guests.
The restaurant prepares the typical traditional Piedmontese dishes, prepared with refinement and imagination and with great attention using local products. There’s also a great selection of wines kept in the ancient stone cellar.
Visit the site www.maisonvertehotel.com for all the information about the hotel.
Contact us and together we will create the best program for your needs and desires.
The stays are organized on request and, according to the needs of the participants, can be of a long weekend or a week.
Lessons are based on visits and customized on the level of knowledge of the language and the interests of the participants.
The days take place like this:
- 9-11 am: after breakfast discussion on the Italian language
- 11 am-5 pm: exploration of the area, accompanied or as individual, with free time for lunch
- 6 -7.30 pm before dinner: another discussion on the Italian language, with an “aperitivo”.
Period: all year.
Contact us for any other information on costs, which vary depending on the number of participants and the length of stay.
Dates are set based on your requests and availability at the hotel.
Stays can also be individual and up to a maximum of six people.